Job Title: StreetLeader Director – East Trenton Collaborative
This job is a full time (40 hours), salaried position. Successful candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check and child abuse clearance. The StreetLeader Director is a mandated reporter.
General Overview: Under the direction of the Program Director (PD), the StreetLeader Director (SLD) must be exceptional at working with teenagers and knowledgeable of Urban Promise culture and expectations. The StreetLeader Director oversees the ETC StreetLeader Program (SLP), a program made possible through our partnership with the East Trenton Collaborative (ETC). East Trenton is a culturally diverse neighborhood; ability to speak and understand Spanish is key to success in the role. The ETC SLP will serve 10 students who will be placed with East Trenton businesses. All SLs are paid to work Monday through Thursday and required to attend weekly enrichments on Fridays and daily academic progress checks. The SLD will be responsible for all aspects of supervision of the 10 students and will work collegially with the area businesses to assure that the students and the business have a satisfactory work partnership. The ETC SLD will work and attend staff meetings at the East Trenton Center, 601 West State Street, Trenton, NJ.
- Affinity for, and ability to mentor, teenagers, and young adults in a structured environment
- Possess healthy interpersonal skills, including ability to manage conflicts in a professional manner
- Prepared to serve as a positive role model for young adults
- Experience with job development training
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent Spanish
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google, and Zoom
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the UrbanPromise Trenton mission
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certificate in First Aid and CPR preferred
- Working with PD and Camp Truth SLD, plan Friday enrichment activities for teenage staff and teenage volunteers
- Working with PD, organize and execute StreetLeader orientations, retreats and other StreetLeader related activities such as staff night outs
- Create a process for forming business partnerships and maintaining ongoing communication with business partners including bi-monthly face to face meetings
- Develop a procedure for StreetLeader and business partner evaluations including periodically reviewing and updating the evaluation process, scheduling the evaluations, and ensuring that they are executed in a timely manner
- Attend AACCNJ meetings and other local business events which are relevant to building business connections for the apprenticeship program
- Observe StreetLeaders at each site and assist with any disciplinary issues or challenges
- Monitor teen’s interactions with each other and children and promote an atmosphere of kindness and inclusion
- Debrief with StreetLeaders daily
- Ensure that required program forms are collected and filed on a timely basis
- Working with PD, cultivate relationships with students’ teachers as needed
- Working with PD and Board members, provide oversight of college prep for eligible StreetLeaders, including college applications, SAT or ACT exams, and college field trips
- Work closely with UPT Scholarship Advisory Team to nominate students for funding
- Work collegially with other UPT and ETC staff members, volunteers and board members
- Assist with fundraising as needed and oversee SLs helping in those efforts
- Perform other duties as defined by supervisor
UrbanPromise Trenton is a 501(c)3 non-profit with two sites in Trenton NJ and is an affiliate of UrbanPromise International. Full time employees receive generous paid time off and health insurance for individuals. These benefits are in effect after 90 days of employment.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter, and resume to: email@example.com. Job posting will remain open until the position is filled.