Witherspoon Street Presbyterian Church
The Witherspoon Street Presbyterian Church, a historical African American church has a strong record of community engagement seeks a part-time Music Director to join its ministry team. Witherspoon Street Presbyterian Church holds a significant place in Princeton, NJ with members from many communities, occupations and interests. The church has an open and diverse congregation who seeks to be stewards for peacemaking and racial reconciliation.
Plans, schedules, rehearses, directs, recruits, and/or oversees all choirs to participate in worship and lead the congregation in year-round programming, to include (currently) one worship services (traditional and contemporary), special liturgical services, memorial services, weddings, fellowship groups, and special church and community performances and/or recitals. Responsible for the development of the overall Music Ministry in collaboration with the Pastor.
• Master’s Degree in music preferred, or equivalent applicable music experience
• Proven experience in developing, implementing, and growing music and worship arts
• Skills in choral and instrumental conducting
• Experience in Worship Planning
• Ability to accompany piano(required) and organ(preferred)
• Clear concept of being an integral part of the Music Programming Team
• Knowledge of choral repertoire and familiarity with a variety of rehearsal techniques
• Ability to program a wide variety of musical styles and art forms
• Possess an encouraging personality and the ability to work with singers and musicians at various skill levels and of all ages and genders
• Willingness and ability to work collaboratively.
• Ability to foster a sense of family and community within the choir while simultaneously achieving the choir’s shared goal of choral excellence
• Appropriate musical background in working with children in a Christian environment.
• Able to work comfortably within the theology and practices of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
• Related experience will be considered.
Our church website can be found at: https://www.witherspoonchurch.org
For more information, or to apply, please email resume to
email@example.com or call 609-924-1666