Job title Office Administrator –
Full Time (9 am-4:30 pm) Except July and August (9am-12 noon)
Reports to Head of Staff
The Office Administrator manages and coordinates office operations (including building maintenance activities), edits/creates internal and external communications (including social media) and provides administrative support to the staff. The Office Administrator is often the first point of contact with church members and the local community. Duties are varied and include acting as receptionist and carrying out the duties of an administrative assistant and office manager. The ability to work with and understand people is essential and the position requires that one is self-directed, discreet and organized in his/her work.
Duties and responsibilities
• SERVES AS RECEPTIONIST AND RESPONDS TO TELEPHONE AND EMAIL
o Sunday bulletin
o Weekly e-mail blast (This Week @ PPC)
o Annual Report
o Follow-ups to any Sunday visitors
• CREATES AND POSTS SOCIAL MEDIA RE: CHURCH EVENTS USING FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM ETC.
• MAINTAINS CHURCH WINDOWS DATABASE
• WEBPAGE MANAGEMENT
o Updates pennpres.org website weekly (e.g. special notices, weekly bulletins, FOCUS, calendar events)
• MAINTAINS THE MASTER CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES AND USE OF FACILITIES–(very important to be detail-oriented to avoid scheduling/space conflicts)
• KEEPS RECORDS AND FILES CURRENT
o Congregational records-New Members, Transfers Deaths, Marriages and Baptisms
o Communicates with the Clerk of Session each month to assist in record keeping of these congregational record changes
o Memorial Gifts ( coordinates and corresponds with family, sends out acknowledgments, maintains files
o Maintains updated membership list (new directory published once a year)
• OPERATES MACHINES
o computer and printer, folding machine, phone system (be able to operate and do basic maintenance)
• HANDLES MAIL AND ORDERS SUPPLIES
• DIRECTS VOLUNTEER HELP REGARDING THE OFFICE AND FOR CERTAIN MAILINGS
• ATTENDS WEEKLY STAFF MEETINGS; STAFF REPRESENTATIVE AT MONTHLY COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE MEETINGS
• OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Strong candidates will:
• Demonstrate discretion with highly confidential and/or sensitive personal and financial information
• Be proficient with the Microsoft Suite of programs ( ( e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint) as well as with Google applications (e.g. calendar, docs, drive, spreadsheet), Mail Chimp (or other simple email marketing software) and Social Media posting
• Show personal commitment and dedication to being accurate, timely, and thorough in all professional tasks.
• Display excellent organizational skills to include time management, multi-tasking and prioritizing
• Exhibit excellent communication skills- with church members, visitors, vendors and staff members.
• Be able to work effectively, both independently and as a team player.
• College degree preferred.
Interested candidates should e-mail cover letter and resume to PPC.JobOpening@gmail.com