Breaking the chains: a mini-conference on faith and justice and incarceration with Shane Claiborne
including U. S. Representative Bonnie Watson Coleman
November 17, 2019, 10am – 4pm at Lawrenceville Presbyterian Church.
For information, registration and tickets: tinyurl.com/pcol-shane
Shane Claiborne is a prominent speaker, activist, and best-selling author. Shane worked with Mother Teresa in Calcutta, and founded The Simple Way in Philadelphia. He heads up Red Letter Christians, a movement of folks who are committed to living “as if Jesus meant the things he said.” Shane is a champion for grace which has led him to jail advocating for the homeless, and to places like Iraq and Afghanistan to stand against war. Now grace fuels his passion to end the death penalty and help stop gun violence.
WORKSHOPS AND PRESENTERS
1. Hope for the Hopeless: The Injustice of Mass Incarceration in America
Presenters: Allison Stump and Intervarsity Students
2. Re-Entry from Incarceration: Learning about CookWell and Job Training
Presenters: Chef Frank Benowitz, Angel Perez, Tom Wilfrid
3. Criminal Justice Reform: What’s needed, and What’s Changing?
Presenters: U. S. Representative Bonnie Watson Coleman and Rev. William Coleman
4. Beating Guns and Other Topics: Conversations with Shane Claiborne
Presenter: Shane Claiborne
5. The Mark of Cain: Theological Understanding of Mass Incarceration
Presenter: The Rev. Erich Kussman
6. Trauma, Poverty, and Incarceration: How to Make an Impact From the Sidelines
Presenters: Bill Davis and Jonathan Shenk
For detailed information on each workshop look for the link in: tinyurl.com/pcol-shane
Coalition for Peace Action NJ is a co-sponsor: www.peacecoalition.org/