Actions Taken at the Presbytery Meeting
of 11 May 2019
1. The presbytery approved the minutes of the 9 March, 9 April, and 2 May meetings of the presbytery.
2. The presbytery approved changes in terms of call for 2019 for ministers serving congregations.
3. The presbytery granted an exception to the Bound Brook Presbyterian Church to permit their associate pastor to be called and installed as the next installed pastor (G-2.0304c).
4. The presbytery sustained the examination for ordination of Marcus Lambright and validated his ministry at the First Presbyterian Church of Trenton.
5. The presbytery sustained the examination for ordination of Melissa Martin, and approved her call to be installed as the pastor of the Hopewell Presbyterian Church, and approved her terms of call.
6. The presbytery voted on amendments to the Book of Order as sent to the presbyteries for their approval by the 223rd General Assembly (2018). The votes were:
18-A. Election of Ruling Elders and Deacons
On Amending G-2.0401 53 for 3 against
18-B. Renunciation of Jurisdiction
18-B.1. On Amending G-2.0509 48 for 8 against
18-B.2. On Amending D-10.0401d 46 for 9 against
18-C. Officers On Amending G-3.0104 28 for 27 against
18-D. Membership of Presbytery
On Amending G-3.0306 51 for 4 against
18-E. Pastor, Counselor, and Advisor to Its Pastors
and Congregations ,On Amending G-3.0307 56 for none against
18-F. Welcoming to the Table
On Amending W-4.0202 55 for none against
18-G. Disciplinary Offense 49 for 7 against
On Amending D-2.0203b
18-H. Time Limit — On Amending D-10.0401
18-H.1 Amend D-10.0401b 49 for 5 against
18-H.2 Amend D-10-0401c (1) 53 for 2 against