BOUND BROOK PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Director of Christian Education (part-time)
Title: Christian Education Director (25 hours per week average)
Purpose: To provide vision and oversight of the Children & Youth Ministry programs and to serve as staff liaison and support to the Board of Deacons.
We are a dynamic and progressive congregation of approximately 450 and have a robust youth program that would be the main responsibility of this position.
Accountability: To the Session through the Pastor/Head of Staff and Personnel Commission.
CHILDREN & FAMILY MINISTRY
- Support the Spark Sunday School Program
- Provide support & guidance to the SPARK Director
- Work with the Spark Director to schedule rotations in partnership with the church calendar
- Plan and implement the Spark Family Program
- Offer a monthly event on Sundays for families with children in Spark (ages 3-5th grade)
- Serve as administrator of the Spark Family Facebook page
- Plan and implement a one-week Vacation Bible School program in the summer
- Organize the program
- Recruit volunteers
- Oversee day implementation of the VBS program
- Oversee the Summer HOLY MOLY Sunday School Program for ages 3-5th grade
- Recruit volunteer leaders for each Sunday in the summer June 17-Sept 2
- Provide curriculum & resources for each week.
- Support volunteers as needed
- Organize and recruit 4X annually an intergenerational worship service in coordination with the Pastor.
- Plan and implement Youth Group Programs, develop and equip a youth advisor team
- Weekly Youth Group gatherings October-May
- Annual Youth Retreat (first weekend of December)
- Plan and implement a 5-day AWOL (A Work of Love) program for middle school students in the summer.
- Oversee and support the ECHO Sunday School program for middle schoolers
- Oversee and participate in a confirmation program with volunteer support
- Oversee and support the annual Appalachia Service Project
- Coordinate Kids Connection – an outreach program to provide potentially at-risk children in 4th thru 6th grade in the Bound Brook community with a safe, positive option once a month
- Assist in worship, primarily the Children’s Time
- Preach on occasion (if interested)
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Board of Deacons, attending their monthly meetings and offering them support and guidance.
Relationships: Works closely with the Christian Education Commission and Head of Staff
Evaluation: An evaluation will be conducted by the Head of Staff and Personnel Commission with input from the Christian Education in September.
REQUIREMENTS: Personal Christian commitment required, Bachelor of Arts degree preferred, previous experience in Christian Education, Progressive theological knowledge, Organizational skills, and a sense of humor.
Additionally the position comes with fully funded medical coverage (employee only), paid vacation and access to a retirement 403B with an employer match (up to 3%).
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact Dave DePierro at 732-648-6994 or at email@example.com.