We are presently seeking a part-time pastor willing to serve for an extended period of time. Our priorities are consistency of pastoral leadership and preaching of God’s living word that is from the heart, relevant to today’s needs and that will inspire and empower us in our calling. We recognize that we, the members of the congregation, are called to bear witness to Christ in our daily lives and to reach out to our community to bring about congregational growth. We also acknowledge that with part-time pastoral leadership we must take on added responsibilities in church administration and pastoral care. We are people of diverse viewpoints who love and respect one another whether we agree or disagree. We appreciate our traditional worship style and yet remain open to changes in keeping with historic principles of Reformed worship. A manse is available for a candidate who may need housing in the community.
Stockton Presbyterian Church is searching for a minister to act in a regular, part time capacity, on a basis of 20 hours per week. We are attempting to attract new members and grow the congregation to the point where we can support full time ministry. The ideal candidate will operate with this mandate in mind. Terms and conditions are as follows:
– The candidate will preside over weekly Sunday service, including preaching, preparation of service bulletin information and coordination with music director, leading prayer and scripture readings, and the traditional format of activities of Presbyterian worship.
– Conduct communion service monthly or as scheduled by Session.
– Plan, lead and execute non routine services such as Christmas Eve and Easter season, and weddings or funerals.
– Serve as moderator of monthly session meetings and annual congregational meeting or other meetings as scheduled by Session.
– As this relationship proceeds, this agreement may be modified accordingly to the mutual satisfaction of both parties.
– Provide leadership and guidance to lay members currently performing administrative and pastoral care functions.
– Compensation will be $2433.00/month. The manse is available for residence, and compensation package may include this as part of compensation salary basis. For purposes of this agreement, the fair rental value of the manse is estimated at
1200.00/month and utilities estimated at $300.00-$400.00 per month. A combination of residence/utilities/salary will be considered to mutual agreement.
– Prospective candidates will be expected to conduct 1 or 2 Sunday services, at a compensation of 150.00 per service, for purposes of evaluation, and, if accepted, be prepared for a commitment of at least 1 year.
– Please contact Bruce Bruns at 609-651-5128 or email@example.com to express interest.