Forest Grove Presbyterian Church
Part-Time Youth and Family Ministries Director
10 – 15 hours per week
Location: 1856 Forest Grove Rd., Forest Grove, PA 18922 (located 5 miles south of Doylestown)
Send all inquiries to email@example.com.
Forest Grove Presbyterian Church is seeking an individual who, first and foremost, has developed a healthy and joyful relationship with God. This translates into the ability to share the experience of God’s work in their lives with youth and families of Forest Grove. The candidate should be comfortable teaching the Word of God through scripture to all ages but have an affinity for sharing the Word with youth.
The Youth and Family Ministries Director is accountable to the church through the Session with the help of the Christian Education Committee. This position will work under our Pastor through regular supervision and collaboration, but it is important that the individual has the ability to work as a team player with our staff, leadership and volunteers.
• Direct the following Christian education Programs by choosing curriculum, recruiting volunteers, and planning special events for the youth ministries of Forest Grove including but not limited to: high school youth group, middle school youth group, youth retreats, service projects, mission trips, Youth Sunday.
• Assist with Sunday Morning ministries including but not limited to youth Sunday School and worship leadership.
• Minister to the families of our congregation through education and fellowship events.
• Attend monthly Christian Education meetings
• Communicate program activities and opportunities through bulletin boards, emails, newsletters, website, etc.
• Actively recruit for above directed programs and facilitate involvement of youth in Forest Grove worship and leadership roles.
• In collaboration with the Pastor and CE Committee, maintain Christian Education budgets and records for above directed ministries.
• A commitment to Christ and a calling to Christian Education
• A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in education or biblical studies
• Support the mission of the church and theology of the PC(USA)
• Ability to pray for, encourage, support, and train youth and their families
• Ability to keep confidentialities when appropriate
• Strong leadership, communication, and administrative skills
• Ability to use technology for communication, records and publicity
• This is a part-time, non-ordained, salaried position with a negotiable compensation