Seeking a Pastor for the First Presbyterian Church of Bordentown, New Jersey
About Us: We are a warm and welcoming church, located in a beautiful, friendly, and historic community on the banks of the Delaware River. Our church was founded in 1848 and currently consists of 115 members (including around a dozen families with children under 18 living at home). We give thanks to God for our experience as a close-knit community of faith and for our history of excellent pastoral leadership.
About the Job: This is a full-time, solo pastor position with a 3-bedroom manse available.
Brief Job Description:
– Preach regularly
– Plan and lead worship services (including funerals and weddings)
– Administer the sacraments
– Provide pastoral care to members as needed, in collaboration with the Board of Deacons
– Serve as Session moderator and provide active leadership to the Session
– Support, nurture, and collaborate with church leaders, especially the Session and each of its commissions, the Board of Deacons, the Director of Christian Education, the Director of Music Ministry, and the Office Manager
– Provide visionary leadership, especially with regards to outreach, stewardship, mission, and fellowship
Qualifications: The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree and a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary. The candidate must either be ordained or be eligible for ordination in the PC(USA), the UCC, the ELCA, or the RCA. Desired characteristics include: accessible, inspiring, and succinct preaching; giftedness in pastoral care; an eagerness to be involved in the local community; a commitment to welcoming people of all identities and backgrounds; and an ability to honor traditions from the past while creatively adapting for the future.
More information can be found at www.bordentownpresbyterian.org under the Pastor Search tab. Our MIF can be found at
To apply, send our Search Committee a cover letter and resume
By e-mail: email@example.com
First Presbyterian Church of Bordentown, Attn: Search Committee
435 Farnsworth Avenue
Bordentown, NJ 08505