Actions Taken at the
10 January 2017 meeting of
the Presbytery of New Brunswick
- The presbytery designate the mission trip to Grenada by members of the Bound Brook, Plainsboro, and Grace Presbyterian Churches, 4 – 12 February 2017, be designated a mission of the Presbytery of New Brunswick.
- The presbytery approved the new Plan of Presbytery as amended. It will require some editing to make numbering and language consistent. This will be performed by the stated clerk and submitted to the presbytery for review.
- Elder Timothy Brown of Nassau Presbyterian Church was elected to the Committee on Ministry in the class of 2018.
- The 2017 budget was approved with a per capita of $ 32.98.
- The presbytery, at the recommendation of the Committee on Ministry, adopted a new standard for minimum compensation. The minimum standard for compensation for 2017 will be $ 71,462 all things included for full time ministers in parish ministry. Part time standard will be $ 1,430 per year per hour per week.
- The presbytery received and enrolled the reverend Steven Kim as a teaching elder in the Ministry of the Word and Sacrament and approved his installation as pastor of the Princeton Korean Presbyterian Church. His terms of call were approved.
- The presbytery enrolled Thomas Hong of Westminster Presbyterian Church as a candidate for ordination as a teaching elder to the Ministry of the Word and Sacrament.