Coordinator of Christian Education
Flemington Presbyterian Church
Goal: The goal of Christian Education is to strengthen and deepen our relationship with God and to experience God’s grace through Jesus Christ. In order to accomplish this, the guiding principles include:
- Partnership of family and congregation: our congregation works in partnership with the home in creating faith nurturing experiences.
- A life-long process: our congregation engages people in the life of the church and its ministry, which strengthens and deepens their faith throughout every stage of their lives.
Position: Provide coordination, leadership, and program development for the Christian Education Program of the Flemington Presbyterian Church. The emphasis is on education for all ages.
- Coordinate Adult Education with the Pastor.
- Organize and direct appropriate adult education opportunities.
- Organize and direct the programs of the Sunday School. Acquire and organize necessary supplies.
- Select SS curriculum in cooperation with the Christian Education Committee and the Pastor.
- Plan, organize, and oversee Vacation Bible School in cooperation with the Christian Education Committee.
- Use appropriate media to promote, advertise, and celebrate the Christian Education offered at FPC. Includes updates to church website.
- Assist during worship service and seasonal celebrations as directed by the Pastor.
- Coordinate, advise, and staff Youth Group programs.
- Schedule opportunities for fellowship, learning, and service among Middle School and High School age youth.
- Coordinate with various committees of FPC (i.e. Worship, Outreach, Deacons, Fellowship) to increase participation of youth in all areas of church life.
- Report directly to Head of Staff (Pastor) & Personnel Committee.
- Improve and learn new skills through ongoing training opportunities with the approval of Session, CE, and Pastor.
- Must report weekly time sheet as an hourly employee.
- Participate in a performance/personal development review with the Personnel Committee and Pastor.
- Serve as a liaison with the Christian Education Committee
This person should have a caring and nurturing personality combined with a belief in the mission of FPC and a belief in the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Demonstrate leadership and organizational skills. Minimum Associate Degree, Bachelor degree preferred. Further qualifications would include certificate in an appropriate field (Youth Ministry for example). Be able to effectively communicate with all stakeholders and have a connection with youth that will engage and motivate them. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills required.
Please contact Personnel@flemingtonpres.org with your contact information.
Flemington Presbyterian Church, 10 East Main Street, Flemington, NJ 08822